With at least 17 stag heads nailed to the back wall of the stage he was standing on, Islamophobe Rep. Paul Broun, R-Ga., preaches to a group during the 2012 Sportsman’s Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga, laying out his interpretation of scripture.
- “All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the big bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell.”
- “It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”
- There are a lot of scientific data that upholds his belief “that the earth’s but about 9,000 years old”.
- Infers that God is a capitalist, calling the bible a “manufacturer’s handbook”.
- That the bible also “teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society”, using it as his “major directions” for voting in Washington, D.C.
Rep. Broun sure has a right to his wild-eyed views about scripture but he might want a better back drop in the future to convey the message of his “savior” who was nailed to a cross by 1st century Romans.