Humor is everywhere, in that there’s irony in just about anything a human does. – Bill Nye
We all recall from elementary science classes that gravity is the result of the earth’s rotation. I was reminded the other night of the consequences of what would occur should that rotation stop.
It was raining furiously while I was at a department store with my adult son shopping for a gift for his girlfriend and overheard a clerk comment about the downpour.
“It’s really coming down out there” she observed.
“We would all be in a world of hurt if it were going the other direction” I found myself blurting out.
Would that be a universal rapture?
A recent survey revealed that Military families are less likely to back Obama as Commander-in-Chief. This isn’t surprising when the same survey revealed that:
- Age gulf as 77% of over 50s have family ties – but only 33% of 18-29s
- 68% of whites have military relatives compared to 30% of Hispanics
- Party divide with 73% of Republicans and just 59% of Democrats
- Geographical gulf with 64% of South compared to 56% of North East
So the finding that this population is less likely to back Obama as Commander-in-Chief is about as revealing as
- discovering that young adults and minorities are less likely to buy Perry Como and Dean Martin albums
- male dwarfs are less likely to shop at Men’s Big and Tall clothing stores
- male Tea Party members are less likely to find Elizabeth Warren more attractive than North Carolina Congresswoman Virginia Foxx
- Christian fundamentalists are less likely to view Jesus as anything other than tall and tan with chiseled abs